High-Protein Chicken Salad
If you have leftover rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast, make this high-protein chicken salad as an easy lunch option. Lean shredded chicken is combined with creamy yogurt, crispy apples and sweet grapes for a tasty, tangy combo. Serve unwich style by wrapped it in a lettuce leaf and you have a satisfying, packable lunch or healthy 4th of July picnic option!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 pounds cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4 cups shredded)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about 1/2 medium red onion)
- 1/2 cup diced apple (about 1/2 small apple )
- 2/3 cup quartered or halved grapes
- 2/3 cup plain 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 medium lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, red onion, apple, grapes, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
Serve wrapped in a lettuce leaf, tortilla or on a slices of bread.
Nutritional Analysis: Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 3/4 cup (about 5 ounces or 142 grams) chicken salad only without tortilla or bread.
Per serving: Calories: 224; Total Fat: 5g; Carbohydrate: 18g;; Protein: 34g