- 20 ounce bag frozen, shredded hash browns
- 8 slices lean ham coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 red papper, diced
- 6 eggs + 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk or non-dairy alternative like almond or cashew milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray (to lightly coat slow cooker)
Lightly spray your slow cooker. Layer half of the hash browns into the bottom and top with half the ham, half the cheese, and 1/3 of the green onions. and 1/3 of the red pepper. Set aside some ham, green onion and red pepper for garnish and then repeat with a second layer of hash brown, ham, cheese,onion and red pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper and slowly pour over top. Cook until eggs are set, approximately 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining ham,onions and red pepper on top and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information: Serves: 8 | Serving Size: approx. 6 ounces (approx. 1 cup)
Per serving: Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 14g; Fat 10g