Here’s what you need…
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 12 slices of nitrate free ham
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 12 eggs (or 2 ¼ cups liquid egg whites)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spray a medium sized skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and broccoli. Cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Using kitchen scissors, make a slice to the center of each piece of ham, then fold into a cone shape in each muffin cup. Fill halfway with the broccoli mixture.
- Crack an egg into each ham cup. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until the edges of the ham are crispy.
Use any variety of veggies combinations you like. To make your ham cups very low in fat, use the liquid egg whites option)
Nutritional Analysis: One ham cup equals: 12g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 6g fat,
Egg white option: 11g protein, 2g carbohydrates, 2g fat.